G. GEOBRES - NEMEAN CRRANTS - SULTANAS RAISINS S.A., a manufacturing, packaging and trading company of Corinthian currants and Sultanas raisins was founded in 1968 in NEMEA, a small city of Corinthian province, which is the most famous area in currants, GULF-A and SULTANAS production.
Nowadays the main buildings are 6.500 square meters, in a 20.000 square m. land. Its production capacity is 20 tones GULF-A and 15 tones SULTANAS every seven hours and our products are available in packing from 20grs cellos to 15kgrs cartons. Our company has been assessed and certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 9001:2000 as well as H.A.C.C.P hygiene systems (by SGS Hellas S.A.). Also in the factory there is a modern fumigation system, as well as biological cleaning for the factory's wastes.
Also G.GEOBRES S.A. has registred with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration pursuant to section 305 of the United State Public Health Security and Bioterrorism and Response Act of 2002, PL. 107-188, such regstration having been submited with the registrant's authorization by FDA REGISTRAR CORP. The company exports its products mostly in Eastern and Western Europe as well as in Australia, Canada, USA, Israel in a percentage of 85% of its total sales. The rest 15% of the company's sales are in the Greek market. In 1996 the compyany invested more than 100.000.000 drs. By its own capital in order to expand in land and labor.
In 1999 new inox machinery replaced the previous one, seperated sectionsrooms within the factory where created and the main building was expanded in order to have new warehouse for the raw material. Total cost of investment: 398.000,00 euros.
In 2000 the company, purchased a nw tech cello pack machine in an effort to get known to a new market with new products this time, suitable for retailing. Cost of investment 205.500,00 euros.
A Barco laser scanner has been purchased at the end of 2002 in case to increase quality of our products in maximum and have the best possible specifications for our customers.
New buildings and warehouses with the higher standards attached to the older ones have been constructed during 2003
For this year the construction of a new chemical-microbiological laboratory, where all necessary tests and measurements are going to take place has been planned.
G. GEOBRES - NEMEAN CRRANTS - SULTANAS RAISINS S.A is a modern company, which has the philosophy of improvement as a belief.